Spring Equinox – Time for a Spiritual Spring Clean
As the Spring Equinox approaches, we prepare to welcome in the light of spring, new growth and positivity and wave goodbye to the cold and darkness of winter. At this time of year, our natural instinct to spring clean our homes and lives begins to kick in. It is the perfect way to remove any unwanted or unnecessary possessions or objects that may be cluttering our physical and mental space.
We all know the benefits of a good spring clean are countless. Spring cleaning can help make your home safer by removing clutter, supporting a healthy immune system, and helping you sleep better. Freeing up physical space can even improve your mood and as a result, reduce stress and anxiety.
Spring cleaning traditionally relates to removing the things that take up physical space in your life. As the saying goes, ‘out with the old, in with the new’, but have you considered decluttering the things clogging up your physical and emotional space, blocking your positive energies?
What are the benefits of a spiritual spring clean?
The spirit goes by many names; quintessence, soul, id, Ka, inner-self, and is considered to be an important force of energy in our lives. A spiritual spring clean is therefore just as important as cleansing our physical environments. By decluttering our mind, body, soul and spirit, we can work to encourage spiritual growth.
Spiritual cleansing is not just about getting rid of any negative energies but introducing anything that attracts positive energies into your life, removing barriers to energy flows.
Setting time aside for a spiritual cleanse gives you the opportunity to connect with your higher self, allowing you to learn about yourself and open yourself up to new possibilities and opportunities. As a result, you will start to feel more empowered, fulfilled, and balanced.
Purify & focus your energies!
Spring is as good a time as any to let your soul shine and discover the power running through you! Give yourself a spiritual boost, free yourself from the past and get your mind and body back in tune with positive energy flows. Here are some of our favourite energy-boosting tips to help you let go of the past and make way for the future:
- Healing crystals – Place healing crystals at points of your home where you believe energy flows need to be cleansed and enhanced. It is believed that crystals can help to promote the flow of good energy and help rid the mind and body of negative energy. If you are using healing crystals, then make sure you clean them often.
- Aromatherapy Oils – The scent of essential oils is loved by many. We use Lavender to help us sleep at night and Eucalyptus when we have a cold. However essential oils can also help to clear negative energies and encourage positive flows. A few favourites are, Sage, Peppermint, Cedarwood and Myrrh.
- Cleanse your home – declutter your home, if there is anything you no longer need, then see if there is a new positive use for them in your home. If not, give unwanted items away to friends and family or donate to a good cause.
- Be at one with nature – Let in light to your home and other surroundings to encourage positive energy flows. Introduce some cleansing plants such as Aloe Vera, Peace Lily or Spider plants. Not only do they look pretty, but they will help you connect with nature whilst removing toxins to clean the air in your home.
- Feed your body and your soul – A healthy body leads to a healthy mind. Consider the foods you are putting into your body, are they nutritious enough? Look to drinking more water, try some health-boosting recipes and balance out your fruit, vegetables, meats and fish in your diet. By feeding your body with a balanced diet, you will begin to feel more energetic and in touch with your body and mind, helping you to focus with more clarity on your dreams and goals.
- Make a cup of tea – Herbal teas have many beneficial detoxing benefits, from being anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, helps digestion, boosting your immune system, and relieving stress.
- Meditate – Having some quiet time within your own mind is a great way to reflect upon any negative or self-sabotaging thoughts which may be blocking you from achieving your goals. Reflect on these thoughts, write them down and think of positive ways you can take small steps to overcome them each day.
Connecting with your higher self
We all have the power to use our individual energies to boost our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. A spiritual spring clean can help us reconnect with ourselves in mind, body, soul and spirit, helping us to live in balance as we become more self-aware on our road to discovering our true purpose in life.
If you’re ready to heal your past and let go of your worries and find your well-being, our compassionate psychic readers can give you in-depth insight and guidance with an Angelic Assessment or Palmistry reading. Learn more HERE.